Terms of Service
The term "EH" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website, Blackbaud, Inc., a Delaware corporation having a place of business at 2000 Daniel Island Drive, Charleston, SC 29492. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website ("the site").
These terms and conditions may be modified at any time and such modification shall be effective immediately upon web posting of the modified terms and conditions. Your continued use of the everydayhero Website shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
Acceptable Use Policy
Changes to the Site and services provided
- The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- EH will make every effort to ensure that the site and services are constantly operational;
- EH reserves the right to modify, discontinue or suspend all or part of the site or its services at any time without notice.
You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner's written permission in order to use it;
In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com
- You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- You must not use the site to send junk or spam email;
- You must not use the site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter;
- EH reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion;
- You must not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or any other web site;
- You must not to attempt to bypass the network firewall;
- You must not to use any part of the site which you are not authorized to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorized to access. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access;
- You must not to use or attempt to use the site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.
Fundraising Site Policy
Use of everydayhero Fundraising Services by Users under 18
It is a condition of use of the site that any person under the age of 18 using our fundraising services be appropriately supervised by an adult. The supervision requirements are as follows:
- Children under the age of 18 using EH's fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of an adult;
If you have any concerns whatsoever about a child's use of our services, please notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively telephoning us on +1 (213) 293-1133.
- It is your responsibility to ensure, prior to commencing a fundraising activity on behalf of a recipient organization, that the organization in question has no objection to the nature of the proposed activity;
- It is everydayhero policy to forward Fundraiser details to your nominated recipient organization or organization (in the event that funds are being raised for more than one organization). We cannot facilitate online fundraising for anybody wishing to fundraise anonymously. If you wish to fundraise anonymously you should not use the Everyday Hero service.
- EH makes no representation or warranty as to the suitability and/or appropriateness of any fundraising activity;
- EH expressly reserves the right to suspend a fundraising page in the event that the recipient organization, in its sole discretion, deems the fundraising activity unsuitable or inappropriate.
everydayhero allows fundraising for registered 501 (c) 3 organizations
- Some charities and not for profit organization have similar names. It is your responsibility to ensure that the recipient organization you have selected from the site is your intended recipient organization;
- In the event that there is a particular recipient organization for whom you wish to fundraise and which does not appear on our site, contact EH and we will use our best endeavors to contact your recipient organization of choice and register them as an EH member. As soon as we are successful in doing so, we will notify you so that you can start fundraising;
- When you create a fundraising Hero Page on behalf of a recipient organization, EH will undertake automated due diligence on the organization and start accepting donations, usually within 2 minutes. Monies will not be settled to the recipient organization until further compliance checks are completed;
- EH is then required to contact the recipient organization to accept our terms and conditions. We may share information with the recipient organization such as Hero Page address, name, address and email details of the fundraiser. The recipient organization may contact you for the purposes of confirming your fundraising status or by way of thanks for your fundraising efforts;
- If a charity does not accept our terms and conditions, or does not pass our final compliance checks, we will refund all donations received to the donors.
Use of Funds by Recipient Organizations
EH makes no representations or warranties in relation to the appropriate use by recipient organizations of funds raised by use of the site or the services provided;
Recipient organizations make no representations or warranties in relation to the specific use of funds raised except in circumstances where the organization has expressly stated that funds raised will be applied to a particular project or appeal.
How does Everyday Hero get paid?
everydayhero deducts a small 5% administration fee from each gross donation made to your charity of choice. Additional to this administration fee, a payment-processing fee of 2.9% + 30 cents for each gross donation.
- Copyright in the text, images, software, logos, icons, sound recordings and HTML code, content and other copyright material in this website is owned or licensed by EH for use on this website;
- The site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, and is protected by intellectual property law. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the site. Reproduction of this material is prohibited other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that the material is not altered in any way and no trademark, copyright mark or other proprietary notice is removed from the material in question;
- No other use of material on the site is permitted other than with the express written permission of the copyright holder;
- Unauthorized use of the site may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
EH is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences;
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system;
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us;
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
everydayhero collects donations on behalf of charities and passes the money to the charities every 7 days. everydayhero will process refund requests if received in writing within 48hrs of the initial transaction. everydayhero cannot process refunds on behalf of charities once the funds have been settled to the charity. Please contact support on +1 (213) 293-1133 or email@example.com directly quoting your everydayhero donation reference number.
Unauthorized Card Use
You agree not to use an invalid or unauthorized credit card. Once a donation is made, the transaction is final and not subject to dispute unless unauthorized use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card issuer in accordance with its reporting rules.
Protecting your Password
- Upon registration with everydayhero, you will be invited to create a password to protect your personal account;
- It is your responsibility to keep this password safe and ensure that it is not disclosed to any third party;
- If you become aware that unauthorised use of your password has, or may take place, you are advised to change your password immediately by following the on-Site instructions;
- everydayhero strongly recommends its users to select a strong password combining uppercase and lowercase alpha-numeric characters with a minimum length of 8 digits.
- everydayhero password should be changed at least every 90 days and cannot be identical to the previous 4 passwords you have used.
- your everydayhero password is unique to you, non-transferable and it is not to be shared.
Password Construction Recommendations
- Do not use your username (email address) as your password.
- Change your password at least every 90 calendar days.
- Do not use a password identical to your previous 4 passwords.
- Do not transmit your password in the clear or plain text outside a secure location.
- Commonly used passwords are also not accepted. For that, everydayhero compares your new tentative password against a list from OWASP (www.owasp.org) containing 10,000 commonly used passphrases. If the new tentative password is in the list, the system will reject the input and generate an alert on the screen.
- List of DO NOTs
- Don’t reveal your everydayhero password over the phone to anyone.
- Don’t reveal your everydayhero password in an email message.
- Don’t talk about your everydayhero password in front of others.
- Don’t hint at the format of your everydayhero password (e.g. “my family name”).
- Don’t reveal your everydayhero password on questionnaires or security forms.
- Don’t share your everydayhero password with family members.
- Don’t reveal your everydayhero password to a co-worker while on vacation.
- If someone demands your everydayhero password, refer them to this document.
- If you everydayhero account or password is suspected to have been compromised, change your password and report the incident to our Help Desk.
If your everydayhero account is no longer needed, we recommend you to disabled it. If that is the case, please reach out to our Help Desk: https://www.everydayhero.com/au/contact/.
Disclaimer and No Liability
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this site meet your specific requirements;
- In no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of your use of the site and the services provided there or your inability to use them;
- EH shall not be liable to you or any third parties in contract or in tort arising out of, or in connection with, or relating to, the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event which has been published on the website or any fact, matter or thing relating to the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event (whether negligent or in breach of contract or not).
Breach of Terms and Conditions of use
- In the event of your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions of use, we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to any and/all parts of the site and the services provided there without notice and without reference to you.
- Validity and Satisfaction of Terms;
- EH accepts no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond the EH's reasonable control;
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
Fundraising and Physical Activities
By creating a fundraising page connected to a physical activity or fitness event (each such event, an “Event”) I agree as follows:
- I agree, represent, and warrant that I have received consent from my physician to participate in health and fitness programs, workouts, exercises, or any other related activities connected to my fundraising activities and declare that I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently to participate in and complete the Event.
- I waive, release and discharge everydayhero and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in the Event. I also waive, release and discharge everydayhero and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I or any person under my care may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person or property being pushed, carried, accompanied or in any like manner by me. This includes children in child-carrying devices arising either directly or indirectly out of my or their attendance at or participation in the Event. I agree to take all necessary precautions and actions to ensure any child or person accompanying me, whether in a child-carrying device or not, is safe. I indemnify and will keep indemnified everydayhero and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers and agents against all costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to my attendance at or participation in the Event including the attendance or participation of any person in my care.
- I consent to the free use of my name and pictures of me in any broadcast, telecast and print by everydayhero in relation to the Event.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to laws of the State of New York.
This website is operated by Blackbaud, Inc., d/b/a Everyday Hero.
Collecting your Personal Information
We do not collect any personal information about you at our website unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. We define "personal information" as information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you. Such information might include your phone number, name or email address. Generally, this information is requested when you are asked to register for an everydayhero account, when donating to a charity, before entering a contest, subscribing to e-mail newsletters, completing an online survey, joining a limited-access premium site, viewing premium-level resource information, or when requesting information about or purchasing Blackbaud products and services. If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
You can personalize your experience at www.everydayhero.com by becoming a registered user. If you ever want to review or update your profile, simply visit www.everydayhero.com and edit your account information. We'll ask you to disclose your email address and password so that only you can access your profile. Your account information is secure and is accessible by using a password that you select. Do not share your password with anyone. The Everyday Hero website assigns a personal identification number and sends it to your computer in the form of a small text file, called a "cookie." The use of this cookie allows you to visit other password-restricted portions of everydayhero's website - for which you have security access - without having to sign in again.
Use of your Personal Information
If you do provide us with personal information, we will only use it for the purposes described where it is collected or elsewhere on the website. Specifically, we may use your personal information in the following ways: (1) to make the website easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once; (2) to help you quickly find information on Blackbaud software, services and customer support; (3) to help us create and deliver content most relevant to you; and (4) to alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Blackbaud.
We will not sell, license, transmit or disclose your personal information outside of Blackbaud or its affiliates without notice to you unless (1) you expressly authorize us to do so, (2) it is necessary to allow our service providers, representatives, or agents to provide services for or to us, (3) it is necessary to provide our products or services to you, (4) it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing or other agreements, (5) it is necessary or we deem it appropriate in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets or business of Blackbaud, a sale of stock or equity interests of Blackbaud, or the merger of Blackbaud into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Blackbaud is not the survivor, (6) it is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Blackbaud, (7) it is necessary to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Blackbaud customers, visitors to Blackbaud's website or the public, or (8) otherwise as we are required or permitted by law.
We occasionally contract with other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to disclose certain information about or refrain from sharing your information (whether collected online or offline) with third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as indicated in the "Contacting Us" section of this Policy.
Information Collected from Children
www.everydayhero.com is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using our website. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
We may send you e-mails with promotional offers, special event information, sales notifications or other messages only if you opt-in to receiving such e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive such e-mails from us, please follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions at the end of each email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your e-mail address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process.
By creating an account or making a donation through Everyday Hero you are consenting to receive marketing communications from us via e-mail including community-related content, event partner opportunities, cause-related information, product updates, competitions and promotional campaigns. You can opt-out from any of these campaigns using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of these emails, or you can unsubscribe from all databases at any time by replying to any email you receive from Everyday Hero with the subject line ‘GLOBAL UNSUBSCRIBE’. Your email address will then be removed from our marketing list. Everyday Hero will process unsubscribe requests within three working days.
We appreciate your questions and comments about our website and services and welcome your email messages to mailboxes listed on our website. We will share your messages with those within and outside our organization who may be able to address the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns. We may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it, but your email message will not be used for any other purpose.
Access to your Personal Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. If you are a registered user of our website, you may review and update this information at any time on www.everydayhero.com. Registered users can view and edit personal information they have already given us. All users can subscribe or unsubscribe to Blackbaud email newsletters and blogs.
We require you to enter your password for security purposes before you update your email address, user name, password, and/or your security question and answer. If you change your email address, we send an email to both your old and new email addresses.
Security of your Personal Information
While no website can guarantee security, everydayhero maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
everydayhero does not disclose any personal information about our users to anyone, except as described in this policy and as permitted by law. We adhere to the Payment Card Industries Standard for storing user information.
Personal and Account information is restricted to those employees who need to know that information as part of their job, to service your account, or to provide products and services to you.
everydayhero maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are reasonably designed to guard your non-public personal information.
everydayhero adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a proprietary information security standard for organisations that handle branded credit cards from the major card schemes including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
We also advise all Blackbaud employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our company's business ethics standards and confidentiality policies. Inside Blackbaud, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access.
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we may provide links to other websites and web pages that we do not control. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites or pages not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites or pages, the services or products described or offered on such sites or pages, or any of the content contained on those sites or pages.
A cookie is a piece of information that a web server may place on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are commonly used by websites to improve the user experience and have not been known to transmit computer viruses or otherwise harm your computer. Many cookies last only through a single website session, or visit. Others may have an expiration date, or may remain on your computer until you delete them.
Our cookies will track only your activity relating to your online activity on this website, and will not track your other Internet activity. Our cookies do not gather personally identifiable information.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain of our online products and services or website features. For example, if you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from Blackbaud's website, you will need to re-enter your personal information each time that you attempt to access premium information.
Certain pages on our websites contain "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our website, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our website.
We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals sent by your Internet browser because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. In the future, we may adopt a standard once appropriate new technologies are created and will make any corresponding changes to this Policy.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Other Promotions
On our website, you may wish to participate in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions that we may offer from time to time. Through these promotions, you may choose to participate in activities such as sharing information found on our websites with others and sending email invitations. If you choose to participate in these promotions, and are eligible to do so, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, date of birth and telephone number.
In connection with any contests, sweepstakes and other promotions that we may offer from time to time via the website, we use the information you provide to administer the contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We also may use the information to communicate with you, or the other people you select, about our products and services or our partners may use such information to communicate with you about the contests, sweepstakes or other promotions or their products and services. As mentioned above, if you create a profile and submit an entry in connection with a contest or promotion, your name, profile and entry, but not your email address, phone number and age, will be visible to other website users. We will not use information you provide about other people for any purpose except the purpose you direct without first getting their consent.
Transfer of Information
Blackbaud is headquartered in the United States of America. Any personal information you provide may be stored and maintained in a secure database in the United States. If you are a resident of a country other than the United States and provide us with your information, you consent to the transfer of your data into the United States.
Changes to this Policy
Blackbaud may update this Policy at any time and from time to time and we will post any changes to this page. The most recent version of the Policy is reflected by the version date located at the bottom of this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or would like to learn more about how we protect privacy, please write to us at Blackbaud, Inc., 2000 Daniel Island Drive, Charleston, SC, 29492-7541, USA or at email@example.com.
Last updated February 10, 2017
Blackbaud Privacy Shield Notice
This is a United States-based website and is subject to United States law. Laws related to Personal Data vary by country. For example, Personal Data collected in the European Union is subject to laws based on the European Union Data Protection Directive. Blackbaud, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates are certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework regarding the collection, storage, transfer, use and other processing of consumer customer, supplier and other Personal Data transferred from the European Union and Switzerland, respectively, to the United States.
Click here to view our Privacy Shield Notice.
The Ohio State University is committed to protecting the privacy of website visitors as well as the privacy of our students, faculty & staff, alumni and friends. This privacy statement describes the type of information which may be collected from visitors to Ohio State’s websites. Ohio State University does not sell or rent website visitor information and does not share website visitor information except as compelled by law. This privacy statement is updated as necessary to reflect current collection methods and usage of website visitor information.
What information is collected?
Ohio State may collect and store from website visitors: Referrer pages, date/time stamps, pages requested, browser & computer information, user agent, headers, files downloaded, and any errors encountered.
Ohio State may collect and store personal identifying information, such as name, username, email address, IP address, social network account information and activity, mailing address, and telephone numbers.
How is the information collected?
Ohio State may use network, server and browser technologies to collect website visitor information, including:
Server logs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_log
Custom URL parameters: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string
Tracking images: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_beacon
Information & correspondence submitted voluntarily by visitors via forms, comments, chats
Why is the information collected?
Ohio State collects website visitor information to: Best serve audiences by optimizing and personalizing visitor experiences in both digital and physical spaces, manage a visitor relationship with the university, foster/promote further communications, gauge communication effectiveness, gain insights into user behavior and preferences, track interests, identify errors and issues, and conduct market research.
Is the information secure?
Ohio State may contract and partner with external third-parties to place ads on websites not affiliated with Ohio State University. These non-affiliated sites may send and share visitor information and browsing behavior, collected in accordance with their own privacy policies, with Ohio State. These third-party websites may also display advertisements to previous visitors of the Ohio State site.
Ohio State respects the privacy decisions of our constituents. Website visitors may choose to not have data collected by Ohio State websites. The Federal Trade Commission provides guides for protecting the privacy of children visiting websites: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/protecting-kids-online
Do not track
Most modern web browsers provide a user privacy setting, which when enabled, informs websites to disable its information collection methods. More information:
Responsible Internet advertisers have tools to opt-out or control advertisements and tracking:
Ohio State does not knowingly collect website visitor information from children or minors as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Please e-email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this privacy statement.